grocery coupons

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why Canning?

Having recently taken up canning, I understand that it is time consuming and generates a lot of heat, which makes it a high energy consuming activity.  I guess everything is a trade off, so I began to think about reasons why I should can since the reasons not to were so obvious. 
The first one is that the fresh vegetables that are growing today will not be growing this winter.  I don't want run to the store for a can of whole tomatoes if Ray decides to make chili, on a cold winter day.  I'd much rather stroll to my pantry.  By the way, the trip to the store, is also a time and high energy consuming activity.
The second one is that when Ray makes that pot of chili, there will be more than we are going to eat, before we get tired of it, no matter how good it is.  But, there will come a time, when I don't feel like cooking and a bowl of homemade chili sure would taste fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment