grocery coupons

Monday, June 20, 2011

What Makes Vegetable Gardening Fun

Personally, I like the seasonal growth of vegetables.  If you see something that you like to eat, you can attempt to grow it.  If it grows great, if it doesn't, it just leaves room for something else.  There is no big upfront investment in plants and no serious thought about where to plant.  It all goes in the garden.
On the other hand, there is landscaping.  I tend to landscape like I vegetable garden.  I see a plant that looks good; I buy it; then, and only then, I try to figure out where to put it so that it might grow.  This is not good.  Landscaping is supposed to be designed and planned, not a hodgepodge of plants here, there, and yonder.  All this planning is just too much commitment for me.
So, I like vegetable gardening.  If I'm overrun with tomatoes, I can them.  If I have too much okra, I give it away.  So far, the only ways I like okra, are fried and in gumbo.  I am going to try pickling a little okra this year.  We'll see!  Suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment