grocery coupons

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Goal Reached?

You can make money with a microfarm and, after we retire, we probably will.  Right now, for us, the micro farm is more about quality, health, and self-sufficiency.  
Yesterday afternoon, when I began to think about dinner, I went into the kitchen to see what was available.  We had fried catfish, fried okra, boiled red new potatoes, and zucchini and yellow crookneck squash steamed in butter (margarine actually).  The meal was excellent and it was healthy from a nutrition standpoint, except for the frying and butter (margarine actually).  Oh, well.  I try to use a lot of garlic; its supposed to help with cholesterol.   
As I was eating the meal, it struck me that everything on my plate had been produced right here at home!  Yea!  Of course, I don't think that I want to eat catfish every evening, so we need to get some chickens and a bull and a heifer and a few pigs...  Maybe when we retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment