grocery coupons

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Trip to the Big City

I almost never venture far from the farm, however, this past weekend, I went to Arlington, Texas.  It was my son's 25th birthday.  He's a software engineer and he lives in the suburbs.
Whenever I hear the Travis Tritt song Country Ain't Country, I think about Paul.  He was raised on a tractor, he's been to college, and he left in a Ford F150 pick-up truck.  Well, it's been a while since he's been on a tractor, but he graduated from college and found his present job three years ago.  Ray and I have no idea what exactly he does, but apparently he does it pretty well.  On the rare occasion that he does say something about his work; Ray and I look at each other, shake our heads, and shrug our shoulders.  He's noticed.  Paul doesn't say much about his work any more, other than; "It's fine."
In the song, the son comes home in a Lexus.  Paul still comes home in the Ford F150.  He's too frugal to trade in the Ford for the Lexus, although he could afford to.  So I guess a little bit of the micro farm philosophy rubbed off on him, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment